If the SLT is planned in a certain region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Russia/ CIS), universities from that specific region can apply to host the SLT. Universities with EAGE Student Chapters are given priority for this opportunity.
The tour currently is organized in Europe , Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. The European SLT visits roughly 8 locations throughout Europe, where the tour will continue this year with roughly 4 locations in Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. In the future, EAGE would also like to organize separate Student Lecture Tours in other EAGE key regions, such as Russia/CIS and North America.
How the SLT works:
EAGE collaborates with universities and EAGE student chapters worldwide to provide half-day lectures on interesting geoscience or engineering-related topics to students from different disciplines and levels. The lecturers are industry professionals that travel in a certain region to give the lecture face-to-face. If an SLT is planned in a certain region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Russia/ CIS), universities from that specific region can apply to host the SLT. Universities with EAGE Student Chapters are given priority for this opportunity.
The following conditions apply in becoming a host University for the SLT
1. The local University should provide the lecture room and Audio-Visual equipment for a half day presentation (approximately 3 hours including breaks)
2. The local University should be able to accommodate the three hour lecture within the academic time table and provide the lecture room and Audio-Visual equipment.
3. The local university is responsible to promote the lecture (by posters, institute’s website) among the students of its own faculty and eventually neighboring institutes, to ensure maximum attendance. EAGE will provide promotional material.
4. Within the University, a local host contact needs to be appointed who acts as the contact person for EAGE during preparations as well as the on-site host for the lecturer. This local host contact is also asked to make the hotel reservation for the lecturer to ensure accommodation is preferably close to the University. EAGE will take care of the lecturer's plan.
5. University host is responsible for a minimum of 25 student participants per lecture. Host contact also must ensure that all participants register online via our student website www.eage.org/students ( if the registration is available)
6. We highly recommend organizing a discussion session with the lecturer after the lecture to give the students an opportunity to ask questions. In addition, the programme could be complemented by presentations from students or staff, hereby creating a mini-symposium.
Please contact Rosmery Gonzalez ( firstname.lastname@example.org) - EAGE Student community manager for more information and complete your request filling the form
EAGE Student Lecture Tours (SLT) consist in a half day course presented by an acknowledged academic or industry expert visiting various locations worldwide. These courses are specifically hosted by the universities and Student Chapters have the priority to host a lecture.
EAGE has been organizing since 2007 many Student lecture Tour in different regions.